Green Point Christian College
Parents >
Students >
Parents and Students Intranet Portal

History

The College began in 1982 with an enrolment of just 17 students from Kindergarten to Year 6 and one teacher. By 2004 enrolment numbers reached over 1000 students from Kindergarten to Year 12 and will remain just under 1100 for the future.

The original vision of the people from Green Point Baptist Church was to offer education to the children of Christian families who wanted Christian values and Biblical principles supported in their children’s learning. The College’s original motto – “Grow Up Into Christ”, was adopted from the Christian Schools Australia motto and the school was seen as an extension of the home in order to give the children an education which was consistent with the authority and teaching which was given by their parents.  As the school grew the name was changed in 1995 to Green Point Christian College and the uniform was updated to new colours and style.  A new Vision Statement was formulated and is sown into everything we do at the College – Excellence in Christ Centred Education.

The first buildings were provided by Green Point Baptist Church and permanent educational facilities were first constructed on the present site in 1989. During the ensuing years many new facilities have been constructed in line with the growing needs of the College.

The College continues to have a commitment to provide quality educational facilities and resources, to maintain excellence in education and to give each student the opportunity to reach their God given potential.